While reading through the book “Start Your Own Blogging Business” I noticed many different tips and facts in the margins of the pages. Some of the ones that caught my eye were tips for boostrapping/penny pinching when starting out blogging. So here are the 7 tips suggested in the book for bootstrapping your blogging business when starting out.
- When first registering your domain name, buy more than 1 year to get a discount on the registration price for purchasing a few years at once.
- Use free, open-source software and a low-cost web host can provide you with an inexpensive blog setup that has plenty of room to grow in the future.
- Using your own web host instead of a blogging service will allow you more room for growth per dollar spent.
- Even free blogging services vary greatly in quality and features available. DonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t assume that all the free services offer the same basic service. Some are quite well-equipped.
- Finding a web host that bundles a blogging application into its service is not hard to do and could save you some money.
- Trackbacks, a method of communicating between blogs, can be an effective form of free advertising.
- Time is money. The more time you spend fiddling with your blogÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s coding, the less time youÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ll have to produce money making content. Find useful plug-ins to speed up common tasks.