As a startup, it is unlikely that you are going to have the capacity to handle everything in-house. It is important to focus on the core of your business, i.e. the reason you start the company in the first place, if you are to make it a success. You simply cannot do this if you don’t outsource, as you will be distracted by other tasks. With that in mind, let’s take a look at some of the different areas of your business you should consider outsourcing.
- Marketing – Marketing is of paramount importance for small businesses. After all, you need to do all in your power to ensure that you stand out from the larger companies that have been established for a greater amount of time. For this reason, you could benefit from the assistance of external marketing professionals that have extensive experience in strategic planning and tactical execution. You can benefit from expertise in content development, strategic planning, public relations, and other specific areas of marketing that can boost your startup.
- Accounting – All start-ups require financial support. Simply by outsourcing bookkeeping, you will get the support you need for the likes of taxes and cash management. You may consider this an unnecessary expense, but if you choose an accountant with care, they can save you a lot of money in the long run. They will ensure you are in full control of your finances so that your cash flow improves, and they will alert you to any tax breaks and other opportunities you may not be taking advantage of.
- Technology – You should always have a company on hand to assist you with any urgent tech bugs. You could spend hours and hours attempting to get to the bottom of a problem with your website or software. This is extremely damaging to your reputation and your sales levels. Instead, make sure experts are on hand so that they can rectify the issue immediately.
- Receptionist services – Do you really have time to answer the phone and deal with customer queries? There is nothing more distracting than having to drop everything to answer the phone. When this keeps happening throughout the day, you will struggle to achieve much. This is why cost effective answering services come highly recommended. Not only will this free up time for you and your employees, but it will ensure you are providing exceptional customer service.
- Graphic design – Last but not least, most startup businesses simply do not have the budget to hire professional graphic designers on a full-time basis. This is why it is a good idea to plan your monthly or weekly design requirements, and then negotiate package design deals with agencies or freelancers. After all, having a consistent and memorable brand is of paramount importance for all businesses, ensuring you have an added layer of credibility that will enable customers to trust your product offering more.
Hopefully, you now have a better understanding regarding the key areas that startup businesses should consider outsourcing. However, it does all come down to your business and your needs. Plug any skills gaps you currently have regarding non-core areas of your business by outsourcing.