As an entrepreneur there are so many distractions that can take your attention that you can quickly get off track from reaching your goals. As a young entrepreneur, it can be 100 times worse! ItÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s important that you stay focused, driven, and headed towards your goal because no one will just hand you want you want in life; youÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ll need to take control and get there yourself.
A few normal distractions that we as young entrepreneurs face:
- School Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Probably the biggest distraction you could face at a young age.
- Relationships Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Boyfriends and girlfriends can easily get you off track and take up a lot of your time. Learn to balance the relationship and set some ground rules for when you need to be focused on your business.
- Friends Ã¢â‚¬â€œ During school youÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re friends are always looking to be going out, partying, drinking, and getting crazy. After you graduate, it doesnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t change too much but it may slow down some. Saying Ã¢â‚¬Å“noÃ¢â‚¬Â to your friends is a hard thing to do but if youÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re going to be starting a business while also working a job after graduation, you need those evening hours and weekends to hustle and grow your business.
- Life Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Sometimes you just may not feel like doing any work or just want to have a normal relaxed evening. ThatÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s fine; just donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t let it happen every day, otherwise your ambitions of starting your business up will quickly slip away.
- Sports Fan? Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Are you a big football fan? DonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t waste 4 hours on a Sunday sitting in front of the TV drinking and eating, being non-productive and wasting your time. Either record the games, read the highlights the next day, or leave it on in the background while working. For young entrepreneurs, especially dudes, sports can be a major distractionÃ¢â‚¬Â¦almost every night of the week. DonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t let it overcome your life like many people do. Watching a 4 hour football game wonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t better your life; building your business will.
- Work Ã¢â‚¬â€œ I know, it sucks. ThereÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s no two ways about it. If youÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re an entrepreneur and stuck working a normal Ã¢â‚¬Å“9-5Ã¢â‚¬Â type job, youÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re just itching to get out and leave that place.
In all of these cases, it comes down to one thing Ã¢â‚¬â€œ your passion for your business and future. If youÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re passionate about your business, then you HAVE to keep moving on and not let these distractions get in your way. Now, on the flip side, itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s also important that you do have a life outside of your business, donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t think that IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢m suggesting you donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t.
There has to be a balance of work and play, and you should try to not blur that line as much as possible. If you are passionate about what you are working on it, then it will be easy to stay driven and focused. This is the key to success, and everyone is talking about it! Being passionate about your business, your baby in most cases, is what makes the difference for most people. Just working something on the side for a couple hours on a weekend is cool and all, but youÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re clearly not passionate about it. If your driven, youÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re going to be working on that business ever moment that you are awake.
Are you focused on your success?