Travis at Young Go Getter tagged me with his post a week or so ago on the 5 reasons why he blogs, so without to much longer of a wait, I figured I would get something up.
Here are my own reasons for blogging, in no particular order:
1. Networking: Blogging allows for the unique opportunity to meet people from around the world who have the same interests as yourself. The ability to build my network has afforded me with opportunities to meet new bloggers and other top entrepreneurs. Blogging also allows for offline networking on top of just online and with other blogs.
2. Ability to Share Knowledge: I have been able to learn about entrepreneurship and business from blogging, so I hope that by blogging I am able to share my own experiences and provide others with knowledge and resources. Blogging also allows to share my experiences as a college student and trying to make a successful career out of entrepreneurship. So it is my hope that what I blog about, when I get a chance to, helps you out in one way or another.
3. Avenue to Speak Out: My family and friends only want to hear what I have to say for so long. After a while, they loose interest. Blogging gives you the change to write what you want and not worry about it (most of the time). You can express yourself, share your stories, and what is going on with the stuff you are doing. I really like to use blogging as a method of expressing project updates and getting feedback on those achievements.
4. Clears the Mind: Along the lines of being able to speak out, blogging allows for me to just write, write, and write if I really wanted to. Being able to do so just clear the mind, you focus on your writing and soon everything else is a slight blur for a time.
5. Fun: Blogging is fun and has opened great doors for me. My fun level always increases as I make more money from blogging, so when programs like AdSense and TLA revenues go up, the more fun I have ?