Almost three years have gone by since starting Dorm Room Biz way back in the day of December 2005. So now here we are in 2008 and it is time to kick up the dust a little bit and run what will hopefully turn out to be a cool contest. The idea is simple: help promote and grow Dorm Room Biz in anyway you can (posting, commenting, subscribing, emailing, etc). For your efforts, you have the opportunity to win some cool prizes. I’ll outline all the details below.
How To Enter
As with most of the contests that go on around the blogosphere, there are a few different ways to enter and earn chances to win a prize. Here they are:
- Comment on this post and you will get one entry
- Comment on other posts throughout the course of the contest and get one entry for each comment. Comments need to be worthwhile and not just a “nice post” type of comment. Have some substance people!
- Write about the contest on your blog and receive 5 entries into the contest. Please provide a trackback to this post or leave a comment with a link to your post.
- Subscribe to the email feed and get another 5 entries for the contest.
Everyone who participates will be entered into a random generator and names will be pulled for the winners randomly.
The contest starts…TODAY and runs until September 19th. On the 20th I will run the names and announce the winners.
I know this is the section you guys have been waiting for, so here is a list of the prizes that are up for grabs.
- $50 via PayPal – 1st place
- The Toilet Paper Entrepreneur book by Mike Michalowicz, signed copy – 1st place
- 1 Month of advertising on Blogtrepreneur, 125×125 ad spot ($50 value) – 1st place
- 1,000 EntreCard Credits – 2nd place
- You Call The Shots book by Cameron Johnson, signed copy – 2nd place
- 1 Month of advertising on Young Entrepreneur Blog, 125×125 ad spot – 3rd place
- The Student Success Manifesto book by Michael Simmons, signed copy
- Zero to One Million book by Ryan Allis
- Great Failures of the Extremely Successful by Steve Young
- Ten Minutes To The Job Interview by Rachel Ingegneri
You can see the prizes listed for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places. The other books and any other prizes that get sponsored will be given at random!
There are still lots of opportunities for contest sponsors and I am constantly searching and talking with people to get more prizes for this!