Everyone is writing about their goals for 2009, so I thought I’d put out some of mine here on Dorm Room Biz to share with you all. If you did not read my small post about reflections on 2008, then give that a quick read. It will only take a couple of minutes. No really, go ahead, read it. I’ll wait here.
…okay, still with me? Alright, here are a few simple goals for 2009 that I’d love to meet.
- Grow Dorm Room Biz RSS subscriber numbers to over 250. The count is currently at 109, which is good, however, I want to grow that a lot. Reaching a broader audience will then help grow the site and help me achieve more of my goals.
- Generate over $250 a month from Dorm Room Biz. I’m on the way to doing this, as each month lately I have been around $100-$150. Reaching $250 should not be a problem. However, there is an evil side to this. ALL of that money does not come from Dorm Room Biz, about 15% comes from two other sites. But because it is a little amount, I just include it within the Dorm Room Biz income. Too much of a pain to sort it all out when the payments are combined!
- Completely redesign and restructure the website…this is coming soon. With any luck, by the end of January I will be releasing the new theme for the site and I hope to keep it for at least the rest of the year.
A couple non-Dorm Room Biz goals that I have are:
- Launch 2 more celebrity focused websites. I currently have TheRavenSymone which preforms pretty well in the search engines and brings in small change each month. I’m building my second site now and will be making a bigger announcement about it towards the end of January when I have some more content up. I’d like to get at least 2 more sites up and running by the summer so that they can continue to grow throughout the remainder of the year. The sites will probably be static HTML sites rather than being based on WordPress, but we will see what happens with that.
- Grow my website development business to at least $3,000 a month in revenue. Over the past couple months I have slacked on actively promoting it and looking for new clients. 2009 will be a new year and a new leaf turned for the business. I’m working on getting a new logo for the business and a new website will follow. When these are done, it will be time to fit the ground running to find new clients.
- This final one is a long shot, but I’d love to launch my eBay company into a retail space and make it a fully self supported business. This would include finding the store front, possibly securing a loan to help upfront costs, and then growing my inventory as well as going to back to offering a drop off service (you drop off an item, I sell it, and you get most of what it sells for). This is also dependent on some factors involving a possible full internet tax and the state of eBay sales in the second half of the year. In order to accomplish this, the eBay business would need to generate at least $4000/month in sales. I’m about a third of the way there right now.
So there you have it. Lets make our goals happen together – leave a comment with your goals or a link to your post about your 2009 goals as I would love to check out what other young entrepreneurs are working towards!